We’re excited to offer a new way for our ICF Oregon community to connect and learn from each other in a super interactive and collaborative way. On July 29th from 4.00 – 5.30pm we’ll hold our first Coaching Community Conversations event. We’re planning to do these every two months over Zoom. The format will be a 90-minute session, with a short presentation, followed by facilitated group exercises to explore our topic and collectively share our wisdom.
Our July speaker is Portland member Janet Rucker-Smith. She’ll be discussing Shadow work, how we all have a shadow, and how recognizing our own is key to individual and societal transformation. This is timely for us to identify tools and strategies to help recognize and heal our individual Shadow and how we can do our part in healing our collective Shadow.
During our time together, we will learn and discuss:
· Carl Jung’s concept of “The Shadow” and how every human being, culture, and society has a Shadow.
· What is Shadow Work and how it can be instrumental in creating more peaceful relationships.
· How recognizing our Shadow is vital to individual and societal transformation.
· How to recognize when The Shadow shows up in yourself and others and what to do (or not do) when it does.
· Discover your unconscious defense mechanisms created by The Shadow that increase conflict in interpersonal situations.
· Tools and strategies to help recognize and heal our individual Shadow and how we can do our part in healing our collective Shadow.
About our Speaker
Janet earned a BA in English from UCLA and quickly forged her path in corporate training & development, creating and facilitating workshops. An instant success, she honed her writing and presentation skills.
After divorcing and becoming a single parent of her 3 small children, Janet jumped off the corporate fast track and changed careers. She joined the faculty of a local high school as an English teacher of freshmen and seniors.
After 10 years, Janet resigned her teaching position and spent the following year cathartically chronicling her spiritual and emotional awakening. This led to her first book entitled Rantings of a Screaming Soul: Healing Through Purposefully Random Self-Confrontation.
Continuing to follow an inner call, Janet became a certified professional life coach. For five years she worked as a career coach and consultant for a global talent development & career transition company. Now she walks the path of her own vision and passion: to help people like her who are ready for the inner and outer transformation from upheaval and fear to confidence and fulfillment.